Monday, November 9, 2009

orphan day




"Sometimes I would like to ask God why he allows poverty, famine and injustice in the world when He could do something about it...but I'm afraid He might ask me the same question." Anonymous




I took this quote from another blog I just found from a family in the middle of an adoption. I liked it so much I had to borrow it.



I have a quiet moment today and just wanted to get out some thoughts...




We are so blessed to have a great hospital staff and surgeon waiting for us tomorrow. It will be Mical's second surgery to correct her bowel birth defect. We are praying that God guides the hands of her surgeon to do the very best possible for her. Also, that He will protect her heart as this is tough stuff for a little girl to go through. The Lord has taken her through so much this past year. It really blows my mind to try to process it all.


Things God has done for us...that I'm just so Thankful for...



~Last year at this time we thought Dan might lose his job, but God protected, which allowed us to continue to pursue our kids!



~Brought Mical to Welcome Home, while we were waiting and praying that God would bring our children there.



~Allowed us to accept the referral of a child with medical needs. (Surely He would have someone in mind for that who has the finances to back such an undertaking!....Nope!)



~Spend five weeks in Uganda...three without income...



~Taught us surrender by being so stretched beyond our means. We could not have done these things if God hadn't used other people around us to help.



~So much more but so little time today. Another day...


promised some friends I'd get some pictures on here of the kids dressed up. You know who you are =) So, here they are!







Two soldiers and one hippie...









A cute spider and Thomas the Train. Moses liked to say "choo choo."

No comments:

Post a Comment