Friday, April 30, 2010

the streets

Some Lyrics from one of my favorite Steven Curtis Chapman Songs.

I couldn't get enough of this song while waiting for Mical and Moses.

"Yours"


I walk the streets of London
And notice in the faces passing by
Something that makes me stop and listen
My heart goes heavy with the cry
Where is the hope for London?
You whisper and my heart begins to soar
As I'm reminded
That every street in London is Yours
Oh, yes it is


I walk the dirt roads of Uganda
I see the scars that war has left behind
Hope like the sun is fading
They're waiting for a cure no one can find


And I hear children's voices singing
Of a God who heals and rescues and restores
And I'm reminded
That every child in Africa is Yours...


And its all yours, God, Yours, God
Everything is Yours...
You're the Maker and Keeper, Father and Ruler of everything...

Last April 30 we spent the day wandering the streets of London waiting for our flight.
But, our hearts and minds were already in Africa.

My heart goes out to those families who are waiting, still, for their children
to come home.


No comments:

Post a Comment